Registration – PreK
This free Austin ISD Pre-K program serves children who turn 4 (Pre-K4) by Sept. 1 of the current school year AND:
- have limited English proficiency, or
- qualify for free and reduced-cost lunch, or
- a child of active military parent, or
- a child of a parent who was injured or killed during active military duty, or
- who have been in the care of the Department of Family and Protective Services, or
- who are homeless or
- are the child of a person who received the Star of Texas Award as a peace officer, a firefighter or an emergency medical first responder
- Registration for district-supported Pre-K for the 2019–20 school year begins April 2, 2019.
Families should apply and register students at Kiker Elementary on April 2, 2019 in the Kiker Elementary Office.
Please complete the online portion of registration prior to coming to the school. To enroll your student in the current school year, visit our online registration page . To access the online registration system, an account must be created in the Parent Cloud, at my.austinisd.org.
The following documents are required for registration:
- Current paycheck stub or SNAP eligibility documentation
- Proof of residence, gas or electric bill, or lease agreement
- Child’s official birth certificate or equivalent
- Up-to-date immunization record
- Parent/guardian photo ID
- Child’s social security card, if the child has one