Kiker Summer Library Program
What: Every child may Check Out up to 5 books. All books due July 24.
* Come create and explore our Maker Space tubs and special weekly projects.
* Join Summer Reading Challenge: Students can add a chain link with their name/book title of every book he/she reads this summer! Let’s see how long we can make our chain!
* All children must be supervised by an adult while in the library.
When: Wednesdays 3:00-7:00 (June 5-July 24 *closed July 3)
Where: Kiker Library – Enter the building through doors on North side of building near art room. Look for “LIBRARY OPEN” sign.
Why: STOP the SUMMER SLIDE by reading at least 5 books this summer!!! READ! READ! READ!
ALL STUDENT LIBRARY BOOKS DUE – Win Game/Maker Time!
May 9 for grades K-2 and May 10 for grades 3-5
Classes who have returned ALL their library books win a 30-minute game time in the library! All students in the class must be totally clear of all library obligations by 3:15 p.m. on May 9 for grades K-2 and May 10 for grades 3-5. If a book is lost, the student must pay for the book. Books that are paid for and later returned to the library will be reimbursed. Thank you for your help in getting all books returned!
Library General Info
Our goal is to provide up-to-date, relevant, and appropriate resources which facilitate and extend learning and meet students’ individual needs. We model and encourage life-long learning and literacy as a source of pleasure and power. Kiker library is available to all Kiker students. Thanks to your support we have a generous collection of books that address a variety of interests.
Here are some things you need to know about the library:
- All students in grades 2-5 may check out three library books. Our librarians recommend that students check out a fiction/efiction book, a nonfiction book, and a free choice book. All library books are due two weeks from the check-out date. Students may renew books twice.
- PK, PPCD, K, and 1st graders are scheduled to come to the library once every week for a 30 minute story time/check out. Students may check out up to three books. The teacher will decide how many the students may check out, usually beginning with one book.
- 2nd – 5th grade students visit the library once every other week. The 45-minute library time includes story time/library lessons/makerspace and book check out. Teachers may also send students to the library during Open Check Out time or as needed during the school day.
Kiker Library Hours:
- The Library is open 7:45 – 3:30 every school day.
- We have Open Check Out every day from 7:45 – 8:15 and 2:15 – 2:45 so that any student may visit the library and check out or renew library books.
- The Library is also open after school from 3:00 – 3:30 for any student as long as they are accompanied by an adult. We will be closed on meeting days. Students are not allowed to be in the library after school without adult supervision.
- Use a quiet voice
- Move about in a quiet manner
- Help keep the library in order
- Are patient when needing help
- Follow directions
2019 SUMMER READING SPLASH!
Authors, Books, Fun, FREE! See flyer for details.
THANK YOU FOR COMING TO OUR DINO-MITE BOOK FAIR!
Thank you for supporting our library by coming to the Book Fair. We consider it a great success because it inspires our students to read during the summer months.
Book Fair raises money to:
- Purchase New Library Books
- Purchase Makerspace Supplies
- Purchase Library Supplies
- Fund the Summer Library Program
- Partially Fund the Library Clerk Position
Many thanks to all of our Book Fair Volunteers who helped to make this year’s fair a great success. We couldn’t have done it without you! Thank you for coming to the fair!
Our next fair will be November 2019.
Clayton/Kiker Camp Bluebonnet Registration is now OPEN!
The 11th Annual Clayton/Kiker Camp Bluebonnet is signing up excited campers! Bluebonnet Camp is for students who are currently in 2nd through 5th grades. Campers will spend a fun filled week reading great books from the Texas Bluebonnet Award list, playing games, making crafts, enjoying yummy food, making new friends and learning! Three sessions are available! Camps fill up FAST and enrollment is limited!
Session 1 Kiker Library June 3-7 9 AM to noon (Session full)
Session 2 Kiker Library June 10-14 9 AM to noon
Session 3 Kiker Library July 22-26 9 AM to noon (Session full)
Kiker and Clayton students may attend any session. The instructors are Mrs. Sposeep, Clayton Librarian, Mrs. Butler and Mrs. Smith, Kiker Librarians. See attachments for more information and registration form.
5913 La Crosse Ave
Austin TX 78739
Phone 512 414 5360
Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/KikerLibrary