Who: All 2017-2018 Kiker students, including all exiting 5th grade Kiker students, all newly registered Kiker Kindergartners, and their siblings (Registration ONLY needed for NEW students or
INCOMING Kinder–registration forms on this site or in the library)
Registration form can be found here.
What: →Every child may Check Out up to 5 books
→Come create and explore our Maker Space tubs and special weekly projects
→Join our Summer Reading Challenge: Students can add a chain link with their name/book title of every book he/she reads this summer! Let’s see how long we can make our chain!!
(Reading Logs (chain links) will be available in the Library or you can print from this site.)
Reading logs can be found here.
When: Wednesdays 3:00pm – 7:00pm (June 6-July 25 *CLOSED July 4)
Where: Kiker Library–Enter the building through the doors on the North side of the building near art room. Look for the “LIBRARY OPEN” sign.
Why: LET YOUR IMAGINATION GROW! READ, CREATE & HAVE FUN!
All children must be supervised by an adult while in the library.
THANK YOU FOR COMING TO OUR PAWS FOR BOOKS BOOK FAIR!
- Purchase New Library Books
- Purchase Library Supplies
- Fund the Summer Library Program
- Partially Fund the Library Clerk Position
Many thanks to all of our Book Fair Volunteers who helped to make this year’s fair a great success. We couldn’t have done it without you!
Our next fair will be November 5-9, 2018. Thank you for coming to the fair!
Kiker Reading Programs
Clayton/Kiker Camp Bluebonnet Registration is now OPEN!
The 10th Annual Clayton/Kiker Camp Bluebonnet is signing up excited campers! Bluebonnet Camp is for students who are currently in 2nd through 5th grades. Campers will spend a fun filled week reading great books from the Texas Bluebonnet Award list, playing games, making crafts, enjoying yummy food, making new friends and learning! Three sessions are available! Camps fill up FAST and enrollment is limited!
Session 1 Kiker Library June 4-8 9 AM to noon FULL
Session 2 Kiker Library June 11-15 9 AM to noon FULL
Session 3 Kiker Library July 9-13 9 AM to noon FULL
Kiker and Clayton students may attend any session. The instructors are Mrs. Sposeep, Clayton Librarian, Mrs. Butler and Mrs. Smith, Kiker Librarians. Camp information and the registration form attached.
See you at Camp Bluebonnet!
Six Flags Six Hour Reading Club
Six Flags Six Hour Reading program reading logs have been submitted. Students who submitted reading logs will receive a free ticket to a Six Flags Fiesta Texas to be used during the summer. Tickets will be distributed the last week of school.
Texas Bluebonnet Award Reading Program (grades 3-5)
Every year there are 20 titles that are selected by a nomination committee from the Texas Library Association. In order to participate in the TxBA program, students (grades 3-6) must have read or have heard read aloud 5 books from the list of 20 by the end of January. In 2018 over 275 students participated in the program. Way to go Kiker Comet readers!
The 2018 winner is
For a list of next year’s nominees got to: http://txla.org/TBA
Library General Info
Our goal is to provide up-to-date, relevant, and appropriate resources which facilitate and extend learning and meet students’ individual needs. We model and encourage life-long learning and literacy as a source of pleasure and power. Kiker library is available to all Kiker students. Thanks to your support we have a generous collection of books that address a variety of interests.
Here are some things you need to know about the library:
- All students in grades 2-5 may check out three library books. Our librarians recommend that students check out a fiction/efiction book, a nonfiction book, and a free choice book. All library books are due two weeks from the check-out date. Students may renew books twice.
- PK, PPCD, K, and 1st graders are scheduled to come to the library once every week for a 30 minute story time/check out. Students may check out up to three books. The teacher will decide how many the students may check out, usually beginning with one book.
- 2nd – 5th grade students visit the library once every other week. The 45-minute library time includes story time/library lessons/makerspace and book check out. Teachers may also send students to the library during Open Check Out time or as needed during the school day.
Kiker Library Hours:
- The Library is open 7:45 – 3:30 every school day.
- We have Open Check Out every day from 7:45 – 8:15 and 2:15 – 2:45 so that any student may visit the library and check out or renew library books.
- The Library is also open after school from 3:00 – 3:30 for any student as long as they are accompanied by an adult. We will be closed on meeting days. Students are not allowed to be in the library after school without adult supervision.
- Use a quiet voice
- Move about in a quiet manner
- Help keep the library in order
- Are patient when needing help
- Follow directions
5913 La Crosse Ave
Austin TX 78739
Phone 512 414 5360
Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/KikerLibrary