Wild West Book Fair
November 4- November 10
Only one week until our Book Fair begins! See the attached Book Fair Newsletter for all you need to know about our fall Book Fair including Book Fair hours, the Bookaneer Picnic, and Teacher Wish Lists. The Book Fair flier features some of the many, many books available at the fair.
Book Fair Set-Up – Thursday, November 2
Need a workout? Come help set up the book fair! You will get to see all the wonderful book fair selections before anyone else! Your help is needed!
Time: 8:00 – 2:00 (2 to 3 hours would be great!)
Book Fair Week – November 4- November 10
Want to help during the Book Fair? Sign up to help with our annual fall book fair event. We need many volunteers to make this event a success.
Book Fair Take Down – Monday, November 13
Skip the gym on Monday 11/13 and come get your workout while you help take down the book fair. Light and heavy lifting as well as many other jobs that need to be done in order to transform the book fair back into a library.
Please go to http://tinyurl.com/kikerbookfairfall2017 to volunteer.
Online Book Fair – If you have friends and family who will not be able to make it to the Book Fair you can shop online from Oct 27 through Nov 17. Go to http://www.scholastic.com/bf/kikerelementaryschool1
Kiker Library Hours:
The Library is open 7:45 – 3:30 every school day.
We have Open Check Out every day from 7:45 – 8:15 and 2:15 – 2:45 so that any student may visit the library and check out or renew library books.
The Library is also open after school from 3:00 – 3:30 for any student as long as they are accompanied by an adult. We will be closed on meeting days. Students are not allowed to be in the library after school without adult supervision
Kiker Library Catalog
Looking for a specific book or just want to browse our collection? Go to catalog.austinisd.org/kiker.
Kiker Library Electronic Books
Want more to read? Check out the Kiker Electronic Book resources available here.
Kiker Library Wild West Book Fair November 4 – 10
Kiker Library Wild West Book Fair Hours:
Sat. 11/4 from 8:30 – 10:30 – Open for Fun Run
Mon. 11/6 from 7:45 – 4:00 – First Day Drawing!
Tue. 11/7 from 7:45 – 7:00 – Open Late for Family Night!
Wed. 11/8 from 7:45 – 4:00 – Book Fair “Cowboy” Picnic!
Thu. 11/9 from 7:45 – 7:00 – Open Late for Family Night!
Fri. 11/10 from 7:45 – 4:00 – Last Day Drawing!
Library General Info
Our goal is to provide up-to-date, relevant, and appropriate resources which facilitate and extend learning and meet students’ individual needs. We model and encourage life-long learning and literacy as a source of pleasure and power. Kiker library is available to all Kiker students. Thanks to your support we have a generous collection of books that address a variety of interests.
Here are some things you need to know about the library:
- All students in grades 2-5 may check out three library books. Our librarians recommend that students check out a fiction/efiction book, a nonfiction book, and a free choice book. All library books are due two weeks from the check-out date. Students may renew books twice.
- PK, PPCD, K, and 1st graders are scheduled to come to the library once every week for a 30 minute story time/check out. Students may check out up to three books. The teacher will decide how many the students may check out, usually beginning with one book.
- 2nd – 5th grade students visit the library once every other week. The 45-minute library time includes story time/library lessons/makerspace and book check out. Teachers may also send students to the library during Open Check Out time or as needed during the school day.
- Use a quiet voice
- Move about in a quiet manner
- Help keep the library in order
- Are patient when needing help
- Follow directions
5913 La Crosse Ave
Austin TX 78739
Phone 512 414 5360