Kiker Summer Library Hours:
Wednesdays 6/6 – 7/26 (closed 7/5)
3:00 – 7:00 pm
Download Summer Reading Log
Kiker Library Electronic Books
Looking for a way to read e-books this summer? Check out the Kiker Electronic Book resources available here.
AISD’s summer reading 5BookDive
Also, learn about AISD’s summer reading 5BookDive challenge and resources here.
Clayton/Kiker Camp Bluebonnet Registration is now OPEN!
The 9th Annual Clayton/Kiker Camp Bluebonnet is open! Mrs. Sposeep, Clayton Librarian and Mrs. Smith, Kiker Librarian are looking forward to seeing our Bluebonnet campers this summer where we will spend a fun filled week reading great books from the Texas Bluebonnet Award list, playing games, making crafts, enjoying yummy food, making new friends and learning! Sessions fill fast – download and print the registration form here. Return with payment to your librarian to save your spot.
Session 1 Clayton Library June 5-9 9 AM to noon FULL
Session 2 Kiker Library June 12-16 9 AM to noon FULL
Session 3 Kiker Library July 24-28 9 AM to noon FULL
Library General Info
Our goal is to provide up-to-date, relevant, and appropriate resources which facilitate and extend learning and meet students’ individual needs. We model and encourage life-long learning and literacy as a source of pleasure and power. Kiker library is available to all Kiker students. Thanks to your support we have a generous collection of books that address a variety of interests.
Here are some things you need to know about the library:
- All students in grades 2-5 may check out three library books. Mrs. Smith recommends that students check out a fiction/efiction book, a nonfiction book, and a free choice book.
- PK, PPCD, K, and 1st graders may check out up to three books. The teacher will decide how many the students may check out usually beginning with one book.
- The library opens after our daily Morning Assembly. Each day we have an Open Check Out Time from 7:45 until 8:15 for students who miss their library day or need something new to read. Classes are scheduled to come to the library once every week. All library books are due two weeks from the check out date. Students may renew books twice.
- All Kiker students visit the library once per week. Teachers may send students to the library as needed during the school day.
- The library is open after school from 2:45 until 3:30, except on faculty meeting days. Students are not allowed to be in the library after school without adult supervision.
Students with good library manners:
- Use a quiet voice
- Move about in a quiet manner
- Help keep the library in order
- Are patient when needing help
- Follow directions