November 5-8 – Kiker Elementary School Library
Set aside some time to support Kiker Library. The whole community is excited about the Book Fair where you will find an amazing selection of books. At the Book Fair you will find the latest and finest titles for kids, as well as books of interest to adults. It is a just the place to begin your holiday shopping! The Book Fair is a great way to get everyone excited about reading. For security, please remember to bring your ID to the office and check in as you enter the building.
Book Fair Hours
- Mon. 11/4 7:45-4:00 Preview Day for Students and Staff
- Tue. 11/5 7:45-7:00 Open Late *Family Night!
- Wed. 11/6 7:45-4:00 Arctic Picnic During Lunch
- Thu. 11/7 7:45-7:00 Open Late *Family Night!
- Fri. 11/8 7:45-4:00 Last Day Drawing!
*Family Night Drawing from 3:00-6:00
Volunteers needed! Go to https://tinyurl.com/kiker-bookfairfall2019
For more information, go to http://www.scholastic.com/bf/kikerelementaryschool1
See parent letter for more information
Library General Info
Our goal is to provide up-to-date, relevant, and appropriate resources which facilitate and extend learning and meet students’ individual needs. We model and encourage life-long learning and literacy as a source of pleasure and power. Kiker library is available to all Kiker students. Thanks to your support we have a generous collection of books that address a variety of interests.
Here are some things you need to know about the library:
- All students in grades 2-5 may check out three library books. Our librarians recommend that students check out a fiction/efiction book, a nonfiction book, and a free choice book. All library books are due two weeks from the check-out date. Students may renew books twice.
- PK, PPCD, K, and 1st graders are scheduled to come to the library once every week for 30-minutes. Students will alternate between Story time/check out one week and a Makerspace Time/check out the next week. Students may check out up to three books. The teacher will decide how many the students may check out, usually beginning with one book.
- 2nd – 5th grade students visit the library once every other week. The 45-minute library time includes story time/library lessons/makerspace and book check out. Teachers may also send students to the library during Open Check Out time or as needed during the school day.
Kiker Library Hours:
- The Library is open 7:45 – 3:30 every school day.
- We have Open Check Out every day from 7:45 – 8:15 and 2:15 – 2:45 so that any student may visit the library and check out or renew library books.
- The Library is also open after school from 3:00 – 3:30 for any student as long as they are accompanied by an adult. We will be closed on meeting days. Students are not allowed to be in the library after school without adult supervision.
- Use a quiet voice
- Move about in a quiet manner
- Help keep the library in order
- Are patient when needing help
- Follow directions
5913 La Crosse Ave
Austin TX 78739
Phone 512 414 5360
Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/KikerLibrary