How your child pays for food in the cafeteria
Each child is provided a personal identification number (PIN) for a cafeteria account. There are 2 methods for adding funds to your child’s cafeteria account:
- Send cash in an envelope with your child’s name, grade, teacher, and amount enclosed. (the cafeteria cannot accept personal checks). You may purchase several meals in advance to avoid sending money daily. -OR –
- You may prepay and track your child’s lunch account using credit or debit cards through www.myschoolbucks.com (Note: To initiate an account you will need your child’s student ID number, which you can obtain through the AISD Parent Cloud).
With either option, any balances at the end of the year will carry over to the next school year.
What’s on the Menu
AISD develops different menus for each school level. Lunch menus are designed to meet one-third of the Recommended Dietary Allowances for calories, protein, iron, calcium, Vitamin A and Vitamin C. Additionally the menus are analyzed to assure that the week does not exceed 30 percent of calories from fat or 10 percent of calories from saturated fat. Sodium, cholesterol and fiber and monitored as well. With our new feature you may view the nutrients for each food item of the menu.
Menus are sent home in your child’s folder monthly, or you can view the Menu online at the AISD Menus website.
Have Lunch with your child
Adults are welcome in our cafeteria. Check your child’s lunch schedule and sign in at the office before joining your child in the cafeteria for lunch. Please meet the class at the cafeteria, not in the classroom. Due to the short lunch break, we recommend that you remain on campus during this time. You may wish to experience lunch on the back deck by our Comet Creek. Please take ONLY your child to the deck if you choose to go outside. It is against school policy to take any child out of the lunchroom with the exception of your child…regardless of if another parent gives you permission.
Please note the following changes for student meals as per the Federal and State regulations:
- Breakfast will now reflect what is seen on the menu from the district website. It will consist of cereal and toast or a different entree as a main course choice every day. Students are now allowed to take a fruit and a juice or 2 fruits as part of their breakfast now.
- Ice cream is no longer available on Fridays. In addition to the organics we received last year, we will also be receiving additional fruit which is locally grown.
- Mini-Calzones will be a new lunch item offered this school year and is similar to the Pizza Dippers. They will be offered about once a month.